Sunday 15 March 2015

For Your Amusement


I was digging around my University records for my degree certificate as I had a job interview recently and they said they needed to see it. To my amusement - and I hope yours - I discovered the essay I wrote while at Liverpool Uni on Peronism and was particularly struck by the last couple of sentences in this paragraph...namely...

"...Understandably, then, with the support of these forces and the overwhelming popular mandate Peron set to work on his programme, but meanwhile curtailing some of the more liberal-democratic elements of the system. For example, the Supreme Court, whose members were hostile to reforms, were purged from their positions."

Some things never change...

"I'll just get my coat then..."
It's nice to know that having done a module on Latin American politics at University that this knowledge makes me qualified to talk about the life of the Vatican as well. Perhaps I should run my own evening class for confused Catholics. I believe I underlined key words and sentences as revision for my examinations. It was a long time ago, but it did raise a smile when I read it for the first time since 1998.


2 comments:

Our Lady of Good Success-pray for us. said...

Could you run a course for Catholics who aren't confused, just beyond the pale of the Novus Ordo?

We know that Bergoglio has been on the list for the Nobel Peace Prize and that the recent winner "Adolfo PĂ©rez Esquivel, assured today that elected pope Jorge Bergoglio "had no links with the dictatorship” that ruled Argentina between the years 1976-1983 as he’s been accused for many years."

Alhtough this Bergogolio-apologist refers to years post-Peron, I guess we can rest easy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear, J. M.Bergoglio had a membership card of peronist party, what else? I could add a Rotary club honorary card with his name signed on, but don't tell it anyone.....seems to me two identical modus operandi, maybe I'm wrong, but......bet everything you want.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...