Friday 21 December 2012

Cookies for the Unemployed

What's all this I hear about free cookies for the unemployed?

Oh, I see...those kind of cookies!

I knew the headlines were too good to be true. For a moment, there, I thought the coalition were planning a Christmas treat for the poor.

First they came to spy on the computers of the unemployed and I said nothing...I guess that's another slap in the face for those who thought a Conservative Government would roll back the surveillance state.

Click here to read about how this is yet another betrayal of what Cameron said he would actually do, but, beware, the Financial Times use cookies too. Basically, whatever David Cameron said he would not do, before the election, imagine that he will do it. Whatever he said he would do, imagine he will not do it, and whatever he did not say he would do and remained silent on, imagine that he will do those things. It's a good rule of thumb, so far.

1 comment:

Pétrus said...

2013 is shaping up to be quite like 1984

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...