Thursday 1 September 2011

Join the Latin Mass Society

The Latin Mass Society inspires people young and old
Just as an aside, observant readers will notice that I have added a 'Join the LMS' link on my sidebar. I do think that the LMS serves the Church and the Faithful very well, in training Priests for the Mass in the Extraordinary Form and in making it well known where the treasure of the Latin Mass is being celebrated throughout the United Kingdom.

There are a few reasons that I have decided to join. I received my membership pack in the post today and am pleased to now have my own Latin-English Booklet Missal, two copies of Mass of Ages, the excellent magazine of the LMS, with some choice articles on the Mass which Pope Benedict XVI has declared to have been 'never formally abrogated'. Another reason I have joined is because the LMS offers discounts to members who book a place on their pilgrimages. I thoroughly hope that God permits me to go to Walsingham with the LMS again next year, to do penance for my sins, to sing songs in local pubs and to meet other TLM loving Catholics.

It is only £20 a year subscription and it is a good way of keeping in touch with other Catholics who appreciate the timeless beauty of the Mass of Ages and keeping up to date with events going on in the traditional Catholic World. Join today and get £10 off your booking for Walsingham next year with the Latin Mass Society's Early Bird offer for Walsingham 2012. Come along...if you're hard enough! If you're not hard enough, there will always be support vehicles...and sticks.

If you don't want to join the LMS and decide to forego the benefits of being a member, you could do worse than send some money to the Sisters of the Immaculate at Lanherne, who are in dire need of financial assistance to help save their convent. If you can't help them financially, pray for them that some generous and more wealthy Catholics and people of goodwill will help them.

The Friars and Sisters of the Immaculate are one one of the Orders who are inspiring vocations among the young while other orders are ailing, some in their death throes. If you can help them, do.

No comments:

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...