Friday 27 February 2009

The Penny Drops...


A Liverpudlian lady with her microchipped bin.

I was recently having a conversation with some people after Mass in which we were discussing conspiracy theories. Ah, well here's one for you. I called the local Council today to find out why the Church bins haven't been collected for ages. It turns out that recently the bin system has been changed and the Council no longer collect necessarily from some neighbourhoods bins outside but in communal set areas only. Interesting! No? Uninteresting? Well, hold your horses just one doggon' second. Today the penny dropped...

Talking with someone today who works for the Council I was informed that there is a new scheme in operation whereby the Council are microchipping bins to monitor whether people are recycling or not. If they, for instance, aren't recycling then I can only presume you get a fine or an ASBO or something for anti-social behaviour towards the beloved environment. Well, at least some of the Bishops will be happy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Microchipping bins? It'll be us next! 'First they came for the bins, then they came for me...' On second thoughts, maybe not, if the refuse collection service is anything to go by!

The Bones said...

LMAO! Very funny!

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...