Wednesday 21 January 2009

"I Will Execute..."



An understandably nervous Barack Obama stumbled over repeating the Oath of Office when he failed to repeat the sentence, "I will execute the Office of President of the United States of America," only managing to state the words, "I will execute," at which point he had to be prompted and reminded of the rest of the oath.

Now, there is nothing to laugh about here, it is just a stumble of a man on a historic occasion on which we all congratulate him and pray for him to live up to the expectations of a weary nation.

The deeper underlying reason why I noted his pause and failure to repeat a very simple oath, leaving his sentence unfinished and merely saying, "I will execute," is that the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA), is the first act he wants to sign in Office.

The signing of FOCA will indeed be a watershed moment for US politics, because if it is signed it will consign thousands more innocent, unborn children to death through abortion.

May God guide him to the protection of all US citizens from conception to death and to follow policies to build true and lasting peace throughout the World.

No comments:

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...